Solutions of Acids and Bases
This page deals with solutions of weak acids and bases. To perform an exercise:
Scoring is maintained on the main page, in a slightly different format than on other
- When your press "New Problem", a window will appear with a question relating to a solution of a weak acid or base. Make sure that you read the question carefully.
- Calculate and submit the required value of produced by the weak acid/base approximation. Then press,"Check Approx".The results appear on the main screen. If you get it correct, proceed, otherwise, recalculate and resubmit.
- Once the approx. value is correct, determine whether the approximation is a valid answer and click on either "Yes" or "No" accordingly. Again, if you get it incorrect, you must resubmit before you can proceed.
- You only do the third stage if:
If those conditions are met, then calculate the exact answer and submit it.
- You have gotten the first two parts correct and
- The approximation is invalid