Mechanisms and Rate Laws
This page will provide exercises in relating reaction mechanisms to the appropriate rate laws. When you click "New Problem", a large window will open. In that window, which you may have to relocate, you will find an overall reaction, the reaction mechanism and the set of possible rate laws. The presentation has the following format:
- The system is completely homogenous, so all species shown have variable concentrations.
- All processes preceeding the rds are rapidly attained equilibria.
- The observed rate law will only contain species identified as reagents in the overall reaction.
- To submit the answer, click on the circle in front of the correct rate law. As usual, the results and score appear in the table on the main page.
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear.