It is assumed that the user understands the structure of a Latimer Diagram and how to use it to calculate potentials. When you press "New Diagram", a window with a Latimer Diagram will open. It will have two missing potentials, represented by empty cells. Enter the potentials in both cells and press "Submit". Results will appear in the table on the main window. In addtion, the following aspects are important:
- The lines for the two "bridging" potentials sometimes don't line up exactly with the species.
- The top line should always be viewed as spanning the first two potentials and, thus, reaching from the first to the third chemical species.
- The bottom line spans the entire series
- Be very careful about the signs.
- All potentials are in volts. You do not have to enter the dimension.
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing the "Show Answer" button will cause the correct answer to appear.