The Universal Gas Calculations Practice Page
This page is provided so that the user may practice any and all gas laws calculations.
It is intended to be very flexible and will respond properly given rational data. It
is also capable of rejecting most "irrational" and improper data. Although I am certain
you can intentionally cause it to fail, I would appreciate it if you would not do so. If you feel
that you have encountered a real bug, please use the mail link at the bottom to
let me know. Work is continuing on setting up proper significant figure formatting, so
please be tolerant of how the numbers are displayed.
This page will provide a solution to any gas problem (binary, ideal, combined),which contains a single unknown. The following are the general input parameters:
- If you wish to do any "change of state" problems, put the known quantities (any solvable set of P1, V1, etc)in the
appropriate "State 1" and "State 2" positions and hit "process." You may leave any number of cells empty, provding that the data provided does
consitute a solvable set.
- If you wish to do an ideal gas law calculation, put entries in any three
"State 1" categories, leave all the "State 2" positions empty( you may use the "Clear 2" button to do that) and hit "process."
- The page makes the following assumptions:
- You are inputting a temperature in Kelvin
- Pressures input for "ideal" calculations are assumed to be in atms if they are less than 10 and in
torr (or mm) if they are greater than 10. My apologies to you kPa devotees.