This page alows you to assemble compounds with up to ten elements and then calculate the
gfw and the percent composition. If you want to have more than ten elements in your compound, you're just playing
around anyway, so I don't feel sorry for you. To build a compound:
- Click on the element in the table. It will appear in the first cell.
- In the second cell, enter the number of times the element appears in the compound.
- When you are certain the numbers are correct, click "Build" and the element will be added.
- When you are done, click "Display" and a new page will appear with the results.
- You can adjust the number of times an element appears in the formula unit by
entering the element again and entering the change in the quantity in the cell.
- Changing the number of times an element appear to "0" removes it from the compound.